Thursday, October 16, 2008

Opening up to Open Source

Over the last several years, I have had the opportunity to work on projects utilizing IONA supported versions of Open Source software from the Apache Foundation. I have delivered projects using

  • FUSE ESB (Apache Servicemix)
  • FUSE Message Broker (Apache ActiveMQ)
  • FUSE Services Framework (Apache CXF) and
  • FUSE Mediation Router (Apache Camel)

I have also had the good fortune to work with Eclipse Project chairpersons such as Eric Newcomer and Apache Committers, Thought Leaders and Project chairpersons such as Guillaume Nodet, James Strachan, Bruce Snyder and Dan Kulp.

I have also benefited from the knowledge of my "most excellent" consulting colleagues such as Rich Bonneau, Dhiraj Bokde, Adrian Trenaman, Rohan Mars, Peter Mackinnon, David Greco and many others.

I also developed the Open Source Courseware material for the technology sets mentioned above and delivered customer training, solution workshops and open enrolment classes.

Over the coming weeks, I plan on putting forward articles, use-cases, how-to's and other bits of information to hopefully ease the challenges in applying the above mentioned open source offerings in real world applications.

I hope you find these articles useful and applicable in your environments.

No comments: